Summer 2000 Student Employment

Published: March 27th, 2000

Category: Memos

Karen Fooks, Director

The Student Employment Section will begin issuing summer work permits to students employed through the Other Personnel Services (OPS) and Federal Work-Study (FWS) programs on April 17, 2000. If you will be employing OPS and FWS students for the summer term, please have them come to the student employment counter in S-107 Criser Hall to pick up their work permits as soon as possible, beginning also on or after April 17, 2000. They may also use the Phone-in-Work Permit Service (392-0296). Students must provide the employing department’s campus mailing address in order for the work permit to be mailed. No work permits will be faxed.

The guidelines for working as a student employee for the summer are as follows:

  1. Register at least half-time;
    1. Undergraduates, 6 credits
      Summer A = 3 credits  Summer A only = 6 credits
      Summer B = 3 credits  Summer B only = 6 credits
      Summer C = 6 credits
    2. Graduate, 4 credits
      Summer A = 2 credits  Summer A only = 4 credits
      Summer B = 2 credits  Summer B only = 4 credits
      Summer C = 4 credits

    If the student is registered for less than half-time, the employing department must appoint the student on temporary OPS through University Personnel Services.

  2. Students may petition to work more than 20 hours per week. However, students may not work during scheduled classes or exams without written approval using a class dismissal form.
  3. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater, or they may petition for special approval due to exterminating circumstances.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Employment Section at 392-0296.

Comments are currently closed.