Equipment Maintenance Program
Ed Poppell, Vice President for Finance and Administration
I am pleased to announce the University has entered into an agreement with Thermo Asset Management Services of Thermo Electron Corporation to bring their LIFECYCLE managed maintenance program to campus. Thermo specializes in helping institutions manage their equipment maintenance costs. They are part of the world’s leading analytical instrument company and pride themselves on personalized customer service and exceeding the needs of the institution.
Major benefits of the program are:
* yearly fixed costs for repairs 15-20% less than other service agreements;
* assistance in deciding most cost effective service options;
* departments continue to use existing service vendors for repairs;
* all repair records, invoices, and payments are on a user accessible website;
* preventative maintenance schedules are tracked on-line and periodic reminders sent to the departments.
Beginning in May 2006, representatives from Thermo Asset Management Services will be on campus holding meetings and visiting departments explaining how the program works, quoting existing equipment and identifying other potential equipment that could be added to the program. You can save your departments/units money by having Thermo do a no-charge analysis on the cost effectiveness of service/repair alternatives and then receiving their quotation covering repair and maintenance.