Information Security Officer

Published: August 12th, 2010

Elias Eldayrie, Vice President and Chief Information Officer

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Rob Adams as the University of Florida’s first Information Security Officer (ISO). As the ISO, Mr. Adams will serve as the Sr. Director of Information Security and Compliance and will fill an important role in the execution of the Information Technology Action Plan (ITAP). Rob will assume his new position September 17, 2010.

“My wife Mary, our two children and I are thrilled to join the University of Florida family. My son Michael is an avid football fan and plays Pop Warner football. He is looking forward to his first journey to ‘The Swamp,'” stated Mr. Adams. “The people that serve this great institution along with the university’s reputation for academic excellence and position as one of the nation’s top research universities are what attracted me to UF. I am honored to have been chosen to be the university’s first Information Security Officer and am looking forward to working for Elias Eldayrie and collaborating with my colleagues across UF to implement the university’s Information Technology Action Plan.”

Mr. Adams brings to UF a wide range of experience and knowledge.  He comes to us from the Duke University Health System, where he currently serves as the Chief Information Security Officer. His prior experience includes hardware, software and client services, with fifteen years at IBM, six years of focused security management with several private companies, and consulting engagements with Fortune 100 companies, as well as an engagement protecting systems and data for the 1988 Winter Olympics Games in Nagano, Japan.

Rob holds several IT certifications including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

He is a graduate of the University of Maryland, with a B. S. in Accounting.

“We are looking forward to his leadership and experience in the security arena. I know Rob will be a great asset to the UF IT leadership team and to our university,” says VP & CIO Eldayrie.

Please join me in welcoming Rob to the Gator Nation and to UF IT!

Comments are currently closed.