UF Home page launch
Jane Adams, Vice President, University Relations
University Relations, in collaboration with UF Information Technology, is happy to announce the launch of a newly designed, mobile responsive UF home page intended to serve as a primary source of news and information for all members of the Gator Nation.
The new home page went live today at www.ufl.edu. Offering easy navigation across all platforms, including smartphones and tablets, it sports a crisp, updated design that provides a canvas for showcasing dynamic content featuring every UF college and unit, with triple the amount of content area for news, features and information about academics, admissions and strategic initiatives.
Additional features of the new site include:
• Utility tabs in the navigation bar for easy access to calendars, details about UF offices and services, and updates related to UF Health, UF/IFAS, UF Athletics and UF Alumni
• An audience pull-down tab with information tailored specifically to current students, family and visitors, and faculty and staff
• Footer links to other utility functions such as email, maps and social channels
• A clearly identifiable area for emergency alerts
• Informative profiles about faculty, students and alumni
• “Fast facts” about UF
• A virtual tour of the UF campus
A Website Advisory Committee composed of multiple stakeholder groups with representatives from Admissions, Student Affairs, the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the Levin College of Law, UF Health, UF/IFAS, UF Information Technology and University Relations arrived at the new design through a comprehensive discovery process that included interviews with key stakeholders and users, a review of current analytics and an assessment of best practices.
Design, implementation and launch progressed systematically over a 12-month period to allow enough time for troubleshooting and debugging, using resources already designated as part of University Relations’ marketing budget branding campaign.
We hope you find the new UF homepage interesting, attractive and informative. Be sure to bookmark the new site and refer to it daily to stay informed – and let us know what you think by responding to email@example.com.