New Year Blankets and Maintenance Agreements
Emily J. Hamby C.P.M., Director
Departments should prepare blanket purchase orders and maintenance agreements for the 1997-98 fiscal year. Blanket orders and maintenance agreements with attachments should be submitted on a Requisition to Purchase, form (PUR300), with an annotation of “FY1997-98.” Routine blankets and maintenance requisitions without attachments may be sent electronically beginning June 30. The Purchasing Agents will be processing them directly into SAMAS, using GOPO, on July 1. Using the electronic system will facilitate your receiving a purchase order earlier in July than the new year PO system has in the past. A Purchase Order is NOT required for equipment being placed under the CIC program. DO NOT send requisitions for these items.
- Keep in mind the following:
- Annual needs should be assessed and the full amount encumbered when budgets will allow. Blankets should not be opened for less than $200. If blankets are used only occasionally, plan to use an LPO.
- Blankets approved at times other than early July will begin the first day they are approved.
- Contractual service requisitions may be processed either electronically or by a regular requisition, provided all necessary information is contained in the description, provided acquisition does not exceed $15,000. A justification may be required for maintenance agreements paying directly to the manufacturer to assure purchasing that the CIC program has been considered.
- Blankets for grants will be issued for twelve months. Short extensions may be allowed. Grant blankets will not be extended for multiple years due to problems in Purchasing/Payables and Disbursement Services in filing and processing change orders.
If you have any questions, please call your appropriate Purchasing Office.