Summer 1997 Student Employment

Published: April 7th, 1997

Category: Memos

Karen Fooks, Director

The Student Employment Section will begin issuing summer work permits to students employed through the Other Personnel Services (OPS) and Federal Work-Study (FWS) programs on Monday, April 21, 1997. If you will be employing OPS and FWS students for the summer semester, please have them come to the student employment counter in S-107 Criser Hall to pick up their work permits as soon as possible, beginning on or after April 21, 1997. They may also use the Phone-in Work Permit Service (392-0296). Students must provide employing department’s Campus mailing address in order for the work permit to be mailed.

The guidelines for working as a student employee for the summer are as follows:

  1. Register at least half-time
    a. Undergraduates, 6 credits
    Summer A = 3 credits
    Summer B = 3 credits
    Summer C = 6 credits
    b. Graduate, 4 credits
    Summer A = 2 credits
    Summer B = 2 credits
    Summer C = 4 credits
  2. Work 20 hours or less per week.
  3. Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater.

If the student does not meet the above requirements, the employing department must appoint the student on temporary OPS through University Personnel Services.

Federal regulations do not allow students to work without a work permit or during scheduled class hours. You are urged to remind your area supervisors of these restrictions.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Employment Section at 392-0296.

Comments are currently closed.