Spring Commencement 1998
Barbara Talmadge, University Registrar and Commencement Coordinator
To accommodate the number of students graduating at the Spring 1998 commencement ceremonies and to afford their families and friends the opportunity to attend, the university now will hold three commencement convocations at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, each approximately two hours in length. Each ceremony will begin approximately thirty minutes from the start of the processional. College assignments and assembly times are:
Ceremony 1, 9:00 a.m.
Assembly time: 7:45 a.m. – – Processional: 8:30 a.m.
- Business Administration
- Fine Arts
- Journalism and Communications
Ceremony 2, 1:30 p.m.
Assembly time: 12:15 p.m. – – Processional: 1:00 p.m.
- Building Construction
- Health and Human Performance
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
Ceremony 3, 6:00 p.m.
Assembly time: 4:45 p.m. – – Processional: 5:30 p.m.
- Dentistry (Graduate Students)
- Forest Resources and Conservation
- Health Professions
- Medicine (Graduate Students)
- Physician Assistant Program
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Veterinary Medicine (Graduate Students)
The Commencement Committee and the President’s Office have approved this distribution and schedule. Assignments are predicated on an even split of students based on previous years’ attendance figures. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Carl Beeman, Chief Marshall at 392-0502.