October 1, 1998 Increases for Graduate Assistants, OPS Faculty and Post-doctoral Associates
Elizabeth D. Capaldi, Provost
October 1 increases for graduate assistants will consist of 3 separate components:
- 3% across-the-board increase based on a graduate assistant’s 9/30/98 rate of pay.
- If the 3% increase is less than $300 for a student employed at .50 FTE for 9 months, the amount of the salary adjustment shall be increased to $300, or its equivalent.
- Graduate assistants will be guaranteed a minimum stipend of $6630 if employed for 9 months at .50 FTE, or its equivalent.
OPS faculty not in the bargaining unit and post-doctoral employees will receive a raise based upon the 3-tier figures:
- $1200 for those making less than $20,001,
- $1000 for those making less than $36,001 but more than $20,000 and 2.78% for those making more than $36,000 based upon full-time employment for 12 months.
OPS faculty in the bargaining unit will receive a minimum increase of $500 for 9 months, or its equivalent and will be eligible for merit increases consistent with department criteria.
Our office will create a Raise File for these employees which will be available for college offices to pick up on September 9, 1998 in Room 29 Tigert. Detailed instructions on eligibility and processing deadlines for the raises will be included with the Raise File.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to Rita Cowan at 392-1251 or via e-mail at email@example.com.