Updated Information on UF Closing and Hurricane Floyd
John V. Lombardi, President
- The University of Florida will be closed from 3 p.m. today (9/14) through Wednesday. Classes and normal business operations are scheduled to resume first thing Thursday morning (9/16)
- Campus residence halls will remain open, as will the Reitz Union, Gator Corner and Racquet Club dining centers.
- Essential operational employees such as law enforcement, health care and selected physical plant workers are expected to report to work as normal, per instructions from their supervisors.
- The county has opened the J.Wayne Reitz Union as a shelter. The ballroom will be open, mainly as a refuge for students and their families.
- The Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol will not be operational Tuesday (9/14) or Wednesday (9/15) nights.
- The new faculty reception scheduled for Tuesday (Sept. 14) at 6:30 p.m. has been cancelled.
- Harn Museum of Art is closed today through Thursday. They plan to reopen at 11 a.m. Friday.Emergency numbers available:
University Police: 392-1111
Student Services: 392-1261
Shands Emergency room: 395-0050
UF Housing operations: 392-2161
UF Counseling Center: 392-1575
For further updates, visit www.ufl.edu/notice.htm
(News Release prepared by UF News and Public Affairs)