2008 Prudential Davis Productivity Awards Winners Announced
Kyle Cavanaugh, Senior Vice President for Administration
It gives me great pleasure to recognize the 2008 Prudential Davis Productivity Award winners from the University of Florida. The Prudential Davis Productivity Awards is an annual program honoring state government employees throughout Florida.
In addition to honoring “innovation, creativity, and smart work,” the awards program recognizes individuals and work units that have adapted or implemented previous years’ award- winning achievements to create added value.
The teams and individuals from UF who have been identified as 2008 winners are:
Distinguished Cash Award of $1,000
– Joe Hayden, Senior Engineer, IFAS: Developed a maintenance and utility trouble reporting system
Notable Cash Award of $300
– NERVE Implementation Team, Public Health and Health Professions: Developed patient scheduling, tracking, and financial accounting system
– Richard Robinson, Wastewater Treatment Apprentice, Physical Plant Division: Fabricated lift station air lance for grit removal
– Anthony Stefanowicz, Sr. Electronics Technician, Physical Plant Division: Completed campus fire alarm/sprinkler documentation
– GatorJobs Implementation Team, Human Resource Services and Bridges: Implemented applicant tracking system, streamlining UF’s hiring process
– Air Handling Unit Re-Commissioning Team, Physical Plant Division – Health Science Center: Increased the life cycle of 27 commercial air handling units
– Biological Sciences Team, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Streamlined delivery of laboratory learning through web-based applications
Certificate of Commendation
– Special Pay Plan Implementation Team, a joint effort by Human Resource Services, Finance & Accounting, and Bridges: Implemented a 401(a) retirement plan for leave payments
– Mechanical Repair Team, Physical Plant Division: Fabricate repairs for truck 253 dump body
– Online Self-Service Degree Application Team, Office of the Registrar and Office of the Chief Information Officer: Designed and implemented online student degree application
– Major Analytical Instrumentation Center Team, Materials Science and Engineering: Doubled productivity of the Major Analytical Instrumentation Center
– Parent Information Web Site Team, Office of the Registrar and Office of the Chief Information Officer: Designed and launched a Registrar parent web site
For a complete list of team members associated with these awards or for more information about the Davis Productivity Awards program, please visit http://www.hr.ufl.edu/awards/davis/2008.asp or contact Agency Coordinator, Amanda Moore, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 273-1761.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!