Administration Announcement

Published: March 23rd, 2011

Bernie Machen, President

I am pleased to announce Dave Kratzer has agreed to serve as interim vice president for student affairs. He will begin his new duties March 26.

Dave has demonstrated great leadership and increasing responsibility in the 25 years he has spent at the university. For the past six years, he served as associate vice president for student affairs and before that he was director of the J. Wayne Reitz Union. He retired from the U.S. Army Reserves as a Major General.

He replaces Patricia Telles-Irvin, who departs UF at the end of this week after seven years of dedicated service. She heads to Evanston, Ill., to assume the role of vice president for student affairs at Northwestern University.

She was the first vice president I hired shortly after I came to UF in 2004. Through her leadership and hard work, she helped ensure our students have the best experiences possible while on our campus. A gifted psychologist, she has an adept understanding of the issues facing our students and has developed solutions that not only address their needs but also challenge them to be better citizens. I appreciate what she has done and wish her well.

Comments are currently closed.