Process Change for Faculty and Staff Gator 1 Card Requests
David Looney, Associate Director, Business Services Division
In line with the University of Florida’s sustainability initiative to reduce paper, the Gator 1 ID Card office will be implementing a new online system to replace Faculty & Staff Authorization forms. All departments need to set up an account for their employees to obtain new or replacement Gator 1 cards.
To assure a smooth transition before the start of the new academic year, we are asking all department fiscal offices to set up their accounts by July 29, 2011. Paper forms will not be accepted after that date. The cost of the card remains $15.
- To set up an account, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Complete ChartField
- PO Box number
- Telephone Number
- Name and UF ID of the department contact
- Name and UF ID of additional authorizers
- Departments will be able to view their monthly invoices online.
- To authorize a new or replacement card for an employee:
- Department authorizers will logon to myUFL > Quick Links > Gator 1 Central and select the “ID Card Authorization” link from the pull down box on the top of the page;
- The authorizer will enter the employee’s UFID and any additional information needed on the card;
- Select the payment option: Either the appropriate ChartField or employee pays.
- To obtain a new or replacement ID Card:
- Employee is notified by department when the authorization has been submitted.
- The employee needs to bring a photo ID (eg, driver’s license or passport) to the Gator 1 ID Card office.
- If employee pays for new or replacement card, cash, check, debit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card are accepted.
This online system will expedite the processing of faculty and staff Gator 1 ID cards and provide departments more control over authorizations and payments. To offer added convenience to our customers, the Gator 1 ID card office located at the UF Bookstore & Welcome Center has expanded its hours of operation. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8AM-7PM and Saturday from 11AM-4PM.
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.