Electronic Mail Policy
Joseph Glover, Provost and Elias Eldayrie, VP &CIO
The Electronic Mail Policy can be found at: http://www.it.ufl.edu/policies/email/policy-electronic-mail/
This policy provides guidance on the use of electronic mail used in the course of conducting university business. This includes:
- University of Florida electronic mail may not be automatically forwarded to a non-university provided or approved service.
- University of Florida business must be conducted using an assigned ufl.edu email address.
- Emails on the university mail system have the following default retention settings:
- Inbox and Sent Items: 3 years from creation or receipt
- Deleted Items: Purged after 30 days
It also places responsibility on faculty and staff for compliance with this policy.
Please contact the UF Information Security Office (firstname.lastname@example.org/352-273-1344) for additional information.