Search for UF College of Medicine Dean
David R. Nelson, MD, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, UF & President, UF Health
I am pleased to announce that we have launched the search to fill the position of dean for the UF College of Medicine. The search firm Spencer Stuart, which has extensive knowledge of academic health centers and UF Health, will support the search. Dr. Julie Johnson, dean, College of Pharmacy, and Dr. Leon Haley, dean, College of Medicine-Jacksonville, will serve as co-chairs of the committee.
The search committee includes the following:
- Henry Baker, Chair, Department of Molecular Genetics & Microbiology, College of Medicine
- Anna Michelle Brandt, Vice President and UF Health Shands Chief of Staff
- Julia Close, Designated Institutional Officer, College of Medicine
- Jamie Conti, Chair, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine
- Marvin Dewar, Senior Associate Dean, College of Medicine, and CEO, UF Physicians
- Rebecca Jules, Student, College of Medicine
- Emily LeBrun, Chair, Faculty Council, College of Medicine
- Jon Licht, Director, UF Health Cancer Center
- Deb Lyon, Executive Associate Dean, College of Nursing
- Dean Hautamaki, Alumnus, Chair, College of Medicine Leadership Council
- Joe Mandernach, Interim Chief Development Officer, UF Health Development
- Duane Mitchell, Associate Chair, Department of Neurological Surgery, College of Medicine
- Mike Perri, Dean, College of Public Health and Health Professions
- Mike Reid, Dean, College of Health and Human Performance
- Betsy Shenkman, Chair, Department of Health Outcomes and Policy, College of Medicine
- Lisa Spiguel, Clinical Faculty, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine
- Li-Ming Su, Chair, Department of Urology, College of Medicine
- Sonal Tuli, Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine
If you have input on the recommended qualifications for candidates or specific names of excellent potential candidates, please feel free to reach out to Dr. Haley or Dr. Johnson. We expect the final stage of the process will include a set of public finalists. UF is fortunate to have Dr. Adrian Tyndall as our interim dean in the College of Medicine. In the midst of several exciting initiatives and growth opportunities, I know UF Health will continue to excel.
Comments are currently closed.