Search for the Dean of the Graduate School
Joseph Glover, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
After a successful 14-year tenure as Dean of the Graduate School, Dean Henry Frierson will be returning to a faculty position in the College of Education at the end of this semester. Consequently, we are initiating an internal search to identify the next Dean of the Graduate School, who will also serve as an Associate Provost. We seek a strong, innovative, and dynamic leader with:
- demonstrated experience in graduate administration, resource management, graduate student concerns and services, program formation and review,
- an understanding of issues facing graduate education and funding,
- and a distinguished record of research, teaching, and service.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for further enhancing the school’s academic programs and building distinctive new programs of national and international reputation. The Dean provides leadership
- in operating the Graduate School and all centrally administered aspects of graduate education,
- in defining and implementing university-wide policies in graduate education,
- in recruiting and retaining a diverse graduate student body,
- in advocating for graduate education.
In addition, the appointee works closely with the Division of Sponsored Research and the other Associate Provosts to address overarching issues of concern to the university that extend beyond the Graduate School. The successful candidate must have a doctoral degree and the rank of professor. The Dean reports directly to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Executive Chief of Staff Dr. Win Phillips will chair the search committee. For full consideration, nominations and applications should be submitted to Becky Holt email@example.com in electronic form by February 28, 2021, although the committee will continue to consider applications until the position is filled. Applications should include a CV, a statement of interest, and the names and contact information of three references.