Executive Order 98-167 for Faculty, USPS, and A&P Employees
Robert Willits, Interim Director University Personnel Services Catherine Longstreth, Associate Vice PresidentAcademic Affairs
An Executive Order just released may provide leave benefits to employees in your unit who were impacted by recent fires. Executive Order 98-167 includes authorization to grant administrative leave based on the following criteria:
- If an employee was unable to attend scheduled work as a direct result of the fires; and
- If such absences occur(red) on or between May 25, 1998, and July 23, 1998.*
Requests for administrative (USPS and A&P) or paid leave (Faculty) that meet the above criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis, up to a maximum of 40 hours.
If there are impacted employees in your unit take the following steps:
- Faculty, USPS and A&P employees in your department who were unable to attend work during the time period and for the reasons detailed above should submit to the appropriate Dean, Director or Department Chairperson written requests for administrative or paid (Faculty) leave explaining their particular situations.*Leave benefits may also be available for employees who are members of specified volunteer emergency response teams, certified Red Cross disaster volunteers, or members of the Florida National Guard. See University of Florida rules 6C1-1.200(12) and 6C1-1.200(6)(g) (USPS & A&P) or call Sandra Lovegrove at 392-5732 or for Faculty call Rita Cowan at 392-1251.
- After the Dean, Director or Department Chairperson has verified that an employee’s request meets the criteria outlined in the Executive Order he or she should submit a memorandum supporting approval of leave to the appropriate personnel office. Include the following information:
- Employee’s name
- Employee’s Social Security number
- The employee’s college code and LKL
- Dates and the number of hours the employee was absent from work
- Attach the employee’s request explaining his or her situation in detail
- Mail the completed memorandum and attachment to Sandra Lovegrove at P.O. Box 115001 for USPS and A&P employees. Faculty documentation should be sent to Rita Cowan at P.O. Box 113005.
Once the documentation is received by the personnel office(s) for processing, the Dean, Director, or Department Chairperson and the department leavekeeper will be notified of any administrative or paid leave approved as a result of this Executive Order. It may be necessary for leavekeepers to back out earlier leave entries and re-enter leave as administrative leave. Since Faculty are not eligible for administrative leave the department should keep a record of the approvals with the Faculty member’s leave record. Please direct questions about this process to Sandra Lovegrove (392-5732) for USPS and A&P employees or Rita Cowan (392-1251) for Faculty.
Comments are currently closed.