Student Employment Appointment(s)

Published: August 25th, 1998

Category: Memos

Karen Fooks, Director

We would like to remind you that all students enrolled half-time or greater, except for graduate assistants, should be appointed through the Student Employment Section of Student Financial Affairs (SFA). This includes Federal Work Study (FWS) and Other Personnel Services (OPS) positions. There should be no concurrent appointments between SFA and University Personnel Services. Half-time enrollment is defined as:

Undergraduate 6 Credits (any term)
Graduate 5 Credits (fall or spring term)
Graduate 4 Credits (summer term)

The purpose of this policy is to allow students to retain the maximum amount of their earnings. Eligible students are not subject to FICA and Medicare deductions. This also enables SFA to monitor student employment for compliance with basic student employment policies, such as:

  1. Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA;
  2. Not working excessive hours which might jeopardize academic performance;
  3. Coordinating all student employment in one office for compliance, record keeping, and reporting.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Employment office at 392-0296.

Comments are currently closed.