Changes at Printing & Graphic Services
Jim Morgan, Director
Effective July 1, 1999, Printing & Graphic Services will be reorganized and integrated into a new department called “UF Mail & Document Services.” This will provide a one-stop service center concept that will have the resources to handle customer needs from a document service phase to a final mailing phase with efficiency and savings every step of the way. The current Mail Services operation (Bryant Hall – SSRB) will be relocated to the location now occupied by Printing & Graphic Services (Bldg. 715 on Radio Road). All mail services functions will continue as usual.
The services and functions that will be eliminated from Printing & Graphics as of July 1, 1999, include:
* Administrative Free Forms (most forms will be on-line provided by the originating department/owner).
* UF Graphic Identity Standards – stationery/envelopes/business cards. Photography and plates.
* Paper stock sales.
* Offset printing/presses.
The services and functions that will continue to be offered/expanded after July 1, 1999, include:
* Digital copying/DocuTech Services.
* Creative design/graphics.
* Binding and finishing services.
* Digital color printing.
* Wide-format printing.
* Carbonless paper forms.
* Fax services.
* Standard graphic and text formats (electronic submission).
* Outsourcing of related services.
All jobs and requests submitted to Printing & Graphic Services by June 30, 1999, will be processed as usual. Please feel free to contact them at 392-1134 if we can help facilitate this change or further meet your needs in any way.