Official Undergraduate E-mail Distribution List, The University of Florida Undergraduate Wednesday Update
Sheila K. Dickison, Associate Provost
Beginning August 22, 2001, weekly notices will be distributed to all undergraduate students via an e-mail newsletter from the University of Florida Registrar’s Office.
To be part of this e-mail, a notice must affect: (1) the academic status of students, (2) student financial matters, (3) student life concerns, or (4) graduation requirements. Notices must relate to the university’s mission of teaching, research, and public service.
This e-mail distribution list will be limited to undergraduate student recipients. Notices specific to a particular college, major, or graduate students should be distributed by other means. Notices should be relevant to the majority of undergraduate students.
The procedure for submission to the e-mail list will be as follows:
- The deadline to submit will be one week prior to distribution by Wednesday at 5 pm. Earlier submissions are strongly encouraged due to space limitations.
- All submissions should be from a faculty member or administrator on campus.
- Submissions should be made via electronic mail to Jeanna Mastrodicasa, at email@example.com.
- Notices will be limited to approximately 5 lines of text, with a limit of 70 words. Links to websites with more information are strongly encouraged.
- Notices will contain a telephone number, e-mail address, and/or a website address for students to obtain additional information. The contact information may be either in the message on the listserv or in the linked website.
- Notices about events or programs can only be advertised twice per semester maximum.
- Archives of these notices will be housed on a website accessible to all.
The format of the e-mail will consist of a table of contents, notices with a maximum of five lines with contact information, and a masthead to inform students of their responsibility for this information.
Please let me know, if you have questions or suggestions.