Usability Improvements for the Monthly Departmental Reconciliation Reports
Jimmy Cheek, Senior Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources Ed Poppell, Vice President for Finance and Administration
To provide UF fiscal managers with improved accessibility and usability of the Monthly Financial Departmental Reconciliation Reports, we are pleased to introduce several new enhancements. These enhancements were added as a result of feedback and suggestions from members of the university community based on their usage of the Monthly Financial Departmental Reconciliation Reports that have been available since December 2005.
The enhancements include:
- Ability to “bundle” any selection of reports into a single report (PDF format) with a table of contents
- Ability to “bundle” any selection of reports (Excel format) into a single archive file (ZIP format)
- New My Reports framework that allows fiscal managers to customize groups and manage reports in a way that can improve their workflow and productivity
- Search functionality that allow reports to be retrieved using Department ID, Principal Investigator ID, Project ID, Fund and more
- Ability to run reports for the current period (month to date) in real time from My Reports
To help with mastering the new functionality, help can be found by going to the Help link in My Reports, or http://www.bridges.ufl.edu/training/docs/ERMyReportsMenu.pdf.
Finance and Administration in collaboration with Training and Organizational Development offers an in-depth training course entitled “PST130 Department Reconciliation” that is offered periodically throughout the year. Employees can sign up for active course sessions utilizing My Self Service, Training and Development within the myUFL portal.