Material and Supply Fees
Sheri P. Austin, Director, University Budgets
We are now accepting applications to establish or adjust material and supply fees for the Summer and Fall 2008 terms. Please submit your requests no later than January 25th, 2008.
Your requests should include the following information:
1. The name and number of the course for which the fee should be collected
2. The term that you would like the change to become effective
3. The amount of the fee requested (There is no fee limitation; however, fees greater than $50.00 must be justified. Please round to the nearest half dollar.)
4. Detailed cost information about the items for which the fee is to be assessed
5. Estimated annual enrollment for the course
6. Estimated annual revenue from the fees for each course
7. The name and telephone number of the departmental contact person responsible for the accounting aspects of the requested fees
8. Signature of the dean or their designee
Please review the Policies and Procedures found at http://www.aa.ufl.edu/budget/. All existing fees should be reviewed to determine if you are charging the appropriate fee to cover the resources needed. Course fees and requested supplies should be reviewed to ensure you are purchasing items that are consumable and directly used to benefit the students in the course. For clinical courses, care must be taken to insure that fees are not assessed for materials if the costs of these materials are also included in the patient’s charges.
Colleges and Departments are reminded that (1) they must maintain records of the revenue and expenditures made per course; (2) DEPTFLEX fields are now required for Material and Supply Fee expenditures; and (3) available cash balances must be below 15% of term revenues two weeks after the close of classes.
New or increased course fees will not be accepted after January 25, 2008 for the Summer and Fall 2008 terms. Approved forms may be faxed to 352-392-8735 or can be e-mailed (PDF with signatures) to email@example.com. Courses for which a fee has previously been approved do not require a new application.
Copies of the forms can be found on our website. Please call Susan Morris at 392-2402 if you have any questions.
J. Bernard Machen, President
Janie M. Fouke, Provost & Senior Vice President