Search Committee for Senior Vice President for Health Affairs
Jane Adams, Vice President for University Relations
I am pleased to announce that we have created a search committee for the position of senior vice president for health affairs, which will be chaired by Win Phillips, vice president for research.
Committee members are:
- Dr. Teresa Dolan, dean of College of Dentistry
- Jim Crawford, chair of department of pathology
- Pramod Khargonekar, dean of College of Engineering
- Zina Evans, associate provost for enrollment management and executive director of admissions
- Dr. Marco Pahor, professor and chair of department of aging and geriatric research, director of Institute on Aging, College of Medicine
- Dr. David Kays, associate professor and chief, pediatric surgery, College of Medicine
- Dr. Alan Berger, assistant dean of research for College of Medicine — Jacksonville
- Jodi Mansfield, executive vice president and chief operating officer — Shands
- Dr. Steve Scott, University of Florida board of trustees
- Betsy Shenkman, chair of epidemiology, health policy research, and biostatistics, College of MedicineMeetings will be set at a later date.
Doug Barrett, who currently holds the position, plans to return to full-time faculty service. He will remain the health affairs senior vice president until June 30, 2009, unless the position is filled sooner.
Doug Barrett has served this university very well as senior vice president and his shoes will be hard to fill. However, our health science center has a strong national reputation for both clinical care and research, and we are confident we can attract a strong pool of candidates.