University of Florida Holidays for 2009
Paula Varnes Fussell, Interim Vice President for Human Resource Services
To assist with planning for the coming year, I am pleased to provide you with the dates of the scheduled 2009 holidays listed below. Please note that areas of campus, including medical clinics, may remain open during certain holidays.
- New Year’s Day, Thursday, January 1
- University-designated holiday, Friday, January 2
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, Monday, January 19
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
- Independence Day, Friday, July 3
- Labor Day, Monday, September 7
- UF Homecoming, Friday, October 16
- Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Holiday, Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27
- Christmas Day, Friday, December 25
- 2009 Holiday Closing Period: Monday, December 28, to Thursday, December 31 (to be covered for eligible employees by Personal Leave Days)
For additional information about the holiday schedule, please visit our web site at http://www.hr.ufl.edu/leave/holidays.asp or contact Leave Administration at email@example.com.