Benefits Open Enrollment runs September 14-October 9, 2009
Paula Varnes Fussell, Interim Vice President for Human Resource Services
This year’s benefits Open Enrollment period for UF employees will kick off Monday, September 14, and end Friday, October 9, at 5:30 pm EST. Open Enrollment is the only period during the year in which changes to pre-tax benefits can be freely made without experiencing a qualifying event (e.g., change in marital status, birth/adoption, leave of absence, change in FTE, etc.). Any changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2010.
The annual Benefits Fair is scheduled for September 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Touchdown Terrace. Vendors will be available to answer questions about a variety of benefits and retirement plans. This year, food and prizes will be available and a shuttle will make stops at certain campus locations for transport to and from the fair.
Human Resource Services is also coordinating with the Student Health Care Center to add the Benefits Fair location to the schedule for seasonal flu shots for employees. Depending on whether the shipment of the flu vaccine is delivered in time for the fair, flu shots may be offered to employees at the Benefits Fair for $25. The vaccine for the H1N1 (swine flu) will not be available at this time. Check the UF Benefits Open Enrollment web site for shuttle times/locations and availability of the flu shot.
While minimal changes are occurring to benefits packages this year; employees should note the following:
- Enhanced mental health and autism care/services under the health plans
- Increased contribution limits on the state Health Savings Account
- State HMO options expanded to several counties in Florida: Calhoun, Dixie, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Glades, Gulf, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Holmes, Jackson, Lafayette, Levy, Liberty, Martin, St. Lucie, Sumter, and Washington counties
- Some of the dental rates have increased; review supplemental dental brochures for the premiums
- The Lincoln Financial UF Term Life and Personal Accident plans have expanded dependent eligibility requirements
- Long Term Care participants already enrolled in the plan will have a buy up option to increase their daily benefit coverage
- Brochures from companies that offer state-supplemental plans will not be mailed to employees. All enrollment brochures/forms for state-sponsored plans are available online through one or more of the following locations/methods:
MyFlorida web site at http://www.myflorida.com/mybenefits/Health/Medical_Plans/Annual_Enrollment2010.htm
People First (PF) web site at https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm
Requests for printed brochures can be ordered online via the PF website or by calling PF at 1-866-663-4735. Be sure to allow for mailing time when ordering. Brochures can also be picked up at the annual Benefits Fair from vendors.
Brochures for UF supplemental plans will be available on the UF benefits Open Enrollment web site.
In addition to this communication, the Open Enrollment web site, and the monthly HRS InfoGator, we will be communicating to employees via the following venues:
- Posters – distributed throughout key areas of campus.
- myUFL splash page – mid-September and again in October
- Inside UF online and UF home page
- Printed version of Inside UF
- Staff News on the myUFL portal
- UF HRS home page/special section
- Open Enrollment information sessions
- UF marquees
- HR Forum – August, September, and October
- All-employee e-mail in September
Please visit http://www.hr.ufl.edu/benefits/openenrollment/default.asp to learn how to access, enroll, and/or make changes to your benefits; review plan highlights for 2010; find available Open Enrollment information sessions; shuttle times/locations; and information on important mailings or dates. You may also stop by the University Benefits office at 903 W. University Avenue or a Human Resource Services satellite office, or contact University Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 392-2477 with any additional questions.