2010 University Women’s Club Scholarships DEADLINE EXTENTION
Paige D. Crandall, Ed.D. Associate Dean of Students
The application deadline for the 2010 University Women’s Club Scholarships has been extended to March 11, 2010. The University Women’s Club awards scholarships each spring to male and female undergraduate Juniors and Seniors. These awards are named in honor of the wives of past University of Florida Presidents and distinguished administrators. The requirements for consideration include full time enrollment at the University of Florida, current Junior or Senior status, a minimum of a 3.6 GPA, and participation in campus and/or community activities. In addition, there are two awards specifically designated for undergraduate or graduate students with a disability that are presented from the Rita O’Connell Scholarship Foundation.
All of the monetary awards recognize scholarship, leadership, and service to the university and/or community. This year each award will be $1,000.
Applications may be downloaded from the Dean of Students website at www.dso.ufl.edu/scholarships/uwc or picked up from the following locations:
- Dean of Students Office, Information Desk, 202 Peabody Hall
- Center for Student Involvement, 300 J. Wayne Reitz Union
The following items must be submitted in ONE packet by 4:30 p.m. March 11, 2010 to the Dean of Students Office in 202 Peabody Hall:
- Five copies of the completed scholarship application, answering all questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes, including one from a community service agency with which the student has worked.
- One original plus four copies of the student’s official transcript from the University of Florida.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Should you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Sylvia Parker in the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or 392-1261, ext 212.