Academic Administrators Seminar Series – Session 3: Student Issues and Sexual Harassment – November 17, 2011
Dr. Kathleen Ann Long, Associate Provost
Registration is now open for the third and final session of the 2011-2012 Academic Administrators Seminar Series. The series is designed to bring together department chairs, directors, associate deans and deans in discussions about academic administrative management at UF.
This session focuses on management of student issues, such as dealing with disruptive, dishonest or distressed students; information about the administrator’s responsibilities regarding sexual harassment; and privacy and security issues on campus. Please see the agenda below for more details.
Registration information is available now at the Faculty Development Website: http://www.aa.ufl.edu/academic-administrators-seminar-series
Please direct questions, comments and suggestions for future seminars to Ms. Ellen Sattler at 392-6004 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Location: Emerson Alumni Hall, President’s Room, 1938 West University Avenue
- 8:15-8:30: Check in and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30-9:30: “Helping Students in Distress, a Faculty and Staff Resource Guide”, Wayne Griffin, Counseling and Wellness Center
- 9:30-9:45: Break
- 9:45-10:45: “Academic Integrity and working with disruptive students”, Chris Loschiavo, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- 10:45-11:15: “Effective Strategies for Supporting First-Generation College Students”, Leslie Pendleton: Director, Florida Opportunity Scholars
- 11:15-12:15: “Sexual Harassment: Administrator Responsibilities”, Larry Ellis, Director of Administration and Equal Opportunity
- 12:15-12:45: Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:45: “Privacy and Security”, Susan Blair, Chief Privacy Officer