Sharing Announcement from Dr. David Guzick
W. Kent Fuchs, President
It is with mixed emotions that I share with you the attached note Dr. David Guzick is distributing today to the UF Health community describing his intention to step down from his role as Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and President of UF Health effective July 1. (You may also view the note at http://hr.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/D_Guzick-letter.pdf)
Dr. Guzick’s leadership over the past nine years has been transformative. He has created a culture of excellence and defined a vision for the future that has inspired our entire university. Rather than settling for regional excellence, he has led UF Health toward national leadership in research, education, and patient care.
Significant accomplishments during Dr. Guzick’s tenure include:
• Expanding the virtuous circle of patient care, research, and education to drive UF Health’s progress toward national leadership
• Creating a culture of collaborative partnership between faculty and the hospital and between health science colleges and the entire university
• Growing UF Health revenues by 45%, including growth in NIH funding by 60%
• Growing faculty and staff by 20%
• Adding over 1 million square feet of new construction for patient care, research, and education
It has been a personal privilege for me to work with Dr. Guzick and to support his vision for UF Health. Not only has his leadership been transformative, but he has also been collaborative and consultative, and he has led an incredibly complex organization with the highest integrity and ethics.
I am happy for Dr. Guzick that he will have the chance to pursue other interests, but sad to lose him as a university leader. However, as we celebrate his accomplishments, I know UF Health’s future is bright and that faculty, staff, and students will attain even greater achievements than in the past.
I am pleased to announce that Dr. Michael Good, Dean of the College of Medicine, will serve as the interim Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and President of UF Health. Dean Good was interim leader for UF Health while Dr. Guzick was on medical leave last year and I know he will again be an effective leader during this transition.
Comments are currently closed.