Search for dean of UF College of Public Health and Health Professions
David R. Nelson, M.D., Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, UF &
President, UF Health
After 30 years with UF including 12 years as dean, Dr. Michael Perri recently announced his retirement, set for mid-2022. I am pleased to share that we have now launched the search to fill the position of dean for the UF College of Public Health and Health Professions.
Dr. Isabel Garcia, dean, of the UF College of Dentistry, and Dr. Colleen Koch, dean of the UF College of Medicine, will serve as co-chairs of the committee.
The search committee includes the following:
- Keith Benson, Ph.D., clinical professor and MHA program director, Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy
- Mark Bishop, Ph.D., associate professor and director, DPT program, Department of Physical Therapy
- Sherrilene Classen, Ph.D., chair, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Jessica Cornman, student representative
- Duane Dede, Ph.D., clinical professor, Department of Clinical and Health Psychology
- Elizabeth DeVos, M.D., M.P.H., associate professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, COM-Jacksonville and Program Director, International Medical Education Programs
- Charles Ellis, Ph.D., chair, Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
- Stephanie Hanson, Ph.D., executive associate dean
- Michael Lauzardo, M.D., associate professor, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine and deputy director, Emerging Pathogens Institute
- Catalina Lopez-Quintero, Ph.D., assistant professor, Department of Epidemiology
- Sarah McKune, Ph.D., M.P.H., research associate professor, Department of Environmental and Global Health
- Gordon Mitchell, Ph.D., professor, Department of Physical Therapy
- Mary Peoples-Sheps, DrPH, Public Health External Advisory Board
- Peihua Qiu, Ph.D., chair, Department of Biostatistics
- Sterling Sheffield, Au.D., Ph.D., Faculty Council and assistant professor, Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
- Krista Vandenborne, Ph.D., chair, Department of Physical Therapy
- Carla VandeWeerd, Ph.D., research associate professor, Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics, College of Medicine
The search firm Spencer Stuart, which has extensive knowledge of academic health centers and UF Health, will support the search.
If you have input on the recommended qualifications for candidates or specific names of excellent potential candidates, please feel free to reach out to Dr. Garcia or Dr. Koch. We expect the final stage of the process will include a set of public finalists. In the midst of several exciting initiatives and growth opportunities, I know UF Health will continue to excel.