Emily J. Hamby, C.P.M., Director of Purchasing
The electronic requisitioning system has been in place for several years. It produces greater efficiency within the Purchasing Department and a faster turn around time for the purchase order to be produced and mailed. The Purchasing department is currently receiving approximately 50% of the requisitions via the electronic system while only 10% of all requisitions are in excess of $11,000.
Consequently, effective July 1, 1996, all requisitions will be transmitted electronically with the following exceptions:
- Requisitions above $11,000
- Requisitions for direct pay of hotel or restaurant expenses requiring prior approval of the State Comptroller.
- Requisitions for rental, lease purchase, or installment purchases.
- Requisitions for Lease of Space longer than 120 days.
- Requisitions for household moves.
- Requisitions for hazardous materials, including radioactive, requiring Environmental Health & Safety approvals.
- Requisitions for construction.
- Requisitions for fans, heaters, etc. requiring Energy Management approval.
- Requisitions for telephone equipment.
- Requisitions requiring advance payment.
- Requisitions with Attachments, i.e., Maintenance agreement, report of survey, requisitions over $5,000 requiring firm written price quotes attached.
Exceptions to this policy or grace periods should be discussed with the Director of Purchasing prior to July 1. She can be reached at 352-392-1331 extension 303 or by EMAIL at email@example.com.