Florida Space Grant Consortium Competitions
Thomas E. Walsh, Ph.D., Director of Sponsored Research
The Florida Space Grant Consortium has released its 1997 Requests for Proposals. Please alert your faculty. RFPs may be obtained from the ORTGE Program Information Office, 256 Grinter Hall, 392-4804, email@example.com, or from the Consortium’s WWW Homepage: http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~fsgc/
The Consortium is seeking proposals for the following programs:
- Undergraduate Space Research Program – Deadlines:
- January 13, 1997, for faculty mentor proposals;
- February 21, 1997, for student proposals;
- Student Experiment Development Program – Deadline: January 22, 1997 (this is a new program);
- Florida Space Research Program – Deadline: January 24, 1997;
- Space Grant Fellowship Program – Deadline: January 31, 1997, for nominations to ORTGE, 223 Grinter Hall, for screening and selection of four UF nominees.
Both the Undergraduate Space Research Program and the new Student Experiment Development Program require dollar-for-dollar cash matching. The Florida Space Research Program requires cash or in-kind matching. Proposals submitted to these programs MUST show the source of the matching funds: department, college, industry, other.
ORTGE will not provide any matching funds for these programs. While the Space Grant Fellowship Program does not require matching, 10% of the evaluation will take into consideration the amount of matching provided.