2003 Davis Productivity Awards Call for Nominations
Larry T. Ellis, Director, Division of Human Resources
On behalf of Florida TaxWatch, the Florida Council of 100, and the State of Florida, I’m pleased to announce a call for nominations for the 2003 Davis Productivity Awards. In previous years, this nomination period has been held in April and May. However, for 2003, Florida TaxWatch has changed its schedule, pushing up the deadline for nominations to December 31, 2002.
Presented annually, the Davis Productivity Awards honor state government employees throughout Florida who have significantly increased productivity in delivering state services and products. Awards are also made to individuals and work units for adapting and implementing previous years’ award-winning achievements to create added value.
The program presents cash awards ranging from $300 to $2,500 as well as commemorative plaques, certificates of commendation, and letters of honorable mention. A committee of Florida TaxWatch staff and a panel of judges make award decisions.
Particularly welcome for the 2003 competition are:
- Nominations of achievements that can be adapted and implemented by other state or local government employees, teams, work units, or agencies.
- Nominations of clerical and “blue-collar” workers’ achievements.
- Nominations of top-ranked individuals and work units among those performing similar jobs in an agency.
- Nominations of achievements specifically and measurably related to a Bush/Brogan administration priority.
- Nominations relating to implementation of the Service First initiative.
- Nominations that document a benefit to all or specific citizens or to the private sector.
- Nominations initiated by external or internal customers of individual employees, teams, work units, or agencies.
For more information and to download nomination forms visit UF’s Employee Recognition web site at http://www.hr.ufl.edu/recognition/davis.htm or contact Training and Development at 392-4626 (SC 622-4626) or email@example.com.