Material and Supply Fees
Sheri P. Austin, Director, University Budgets
We are now accepting applications to establish or adjust material and supply fees for the Spring 2008 term. The decision to implement new or modified fee requests must be approved by the President by August 24th. Therefore, please submit your requests to me by August 15, 2007.
Please review your course fees and applicable supplies for relevancy. A request to increase a fee should be accompanied by a detailed description of the cost associated with the increase, including any items that will be purchased. Please note that the fees should supplement rather than replace existing resources. Additionally, a request to amend an existing fee should be submitted prior to purchasing items that were not included in the original proposal. A copy of the original proposal by course will be provided upon request. Courses for which a fee has previously been approved do not require a new application.
Your requests should include the following information:
1. The name and number of the course(s) for which the fee should be collected.
2. The amount of the fee requested. (There is no fee limitation; however, fees over $50.00 must be justified. Please round to the nearest half dollar.)
3. Detailed cost information about the items for which the fee is to be assessed. (Departments are required to keep a record of the revenue collected and related expenditures for each course.)
4. Estimated annual enrollment for the course.
5. Estimated annual revenue from the fees for each course.
6. The name and telephone number of the departmental contact person responsible for the accounting aspects of the requested fees.
7. Signature of the Dean or their designee
For clinical courses, care must be taken to insure that fees are not assessed for materials if the costs of these materials are also included in the patient’s charges.
Colleges and Departments are reminded that (1) they must maintain records of the revenue and expenditures made per course; (2) DEPTFLEX fields are now a required field for Material & Supply Fee expenditures; and (3) available cash balances must be below 15% of term revenues two weeks after the close of classes.
Copies of the forms, policy guidelines, and reporting procedures can be found on our website: http://www.aa.ufl.edu/budget/. Please call Susan Morris at 392-2402 if you have any questions.
J. Bernard Machen, President
Janie M. Fouke, Provost & Senior Vice President
Diane Hurtak, University Financial Services