New Information about Your W-2

Published: January 11th, 2010

Category: Memos

Michael V. McKee, Assistant Vice President and University Controller

New Information about Your W-2

Employees’ 2009 W-2 forms will no longer be distributed by the departments as a result of the implementation of electronic W-2 forms.

In accordance with IRS regulations, employees’ 2009 W-2 forms will be mailed by January 31, 2010 to employees who do not consent to receive their W-2 forms electronically. The printed W-2s will be mailed to the employees’ local home address in the Directory. Each employee is responsible for maintaining current Directory information.

For employees who consent to receive their W-2 electronically,

The electronic 2009 W-2 forms will be available at least one week earlier than the mailed forms,

Communication will be sent to the employees’ UF e-mail address when the electronic W-2s become available, and

Employees consenting to receive their 2009 W-2 forms electronically by Friday, January 15 will not receive a paper 2009 W-2 form via U.S. mail.

New Information about Your Employee Year-End Earnings Statements

Employees will be provided Employee Year-End Earnings Statements which will assist them in comparing the amounts on the 2009 W-2 form to the earnings, deductions, taxes and net pay on their last biweekly earnings statement for 2009.

This year’s Employee Year-End Earnings Statements will only be available electronically through Self Service.

Employee consent is not required for an employee to have access to the Employee Year-End Earnings Statements.

Foreign national employees or nonresident aliens will receive their IRS 1042-S forms on or before March 15, 2010 since these employees have special withholding and reporting requirements with the IRS. Nonresident aliens receiving IRS 1042-S forms will not receive Employee Year-End Earnings Statements.

Employees should direct any questions concerning their W-2, W-2C, 1042-S forms and Employee Year-End Earnings Statements to University Tax Services at (352) 392-1324 or visit the website at University Tax Services – Finance and Accounting (

Comments are currently closed.