Reminder: Important UF Foundation Credit Card Processing Changes Effective 7/1/2010
Leslie D. Bram, Associate Vice President/COO University of Florida Foundation, Inc.
The following changes to the University of Florida Foundation’s credit card processing policies will be implemented beginning July 1, 2010. These changes are necessary in order to meet the PCI security standards adopted by the credit card industry.
- Credit card data will be accepted by the Foundation’s Gift Processing department directly from the donor or customer, via US Mail or telephone.
- When speaking to or communicating with an individual who wishes to pay by credit card, refer or transfer him or her to the Foundation’s Gift Processing toll-free number: 1-877-351-2377 (local 392-8091). The secure toll-free telephone number will be staffed weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm.
- It is preferable to not send any solicitations and other correspondence that include space for credit card information; instead direct the participants in those publications to the toll-free telephone number or online options. However, if you feel you must include credit card information in such solicitations or mailings, all such replies MUST be mailed directly via US Mail to the UF Foundation, Gift Processing Department at P.O. Box 14425, Gainesville, Florida 32604-2425. Please make sure Gift Processing receives advance notice of these mailings, the quid pro quo receipt information, etc.
- Credit card data entered directly by donors and customers into the Foundation’s secure e-commerce systems will continue to be accepted.
- For solicitations regarding gifts, alumni memberships, and/or brick purchases, reference the specific Foundation e-commerce website address (e.g., Online Giving, UF Alumni Association Membership, EAH Brick Program, etc.) in the mailing/correspondence or link to these from your website.
- For donors wishing to pay for fundraising event registration with a credit card, refer registrants to the Foundation’s iModules Event Registration System (website link is specific to each event) on all event materials.
- Credit card data (credit card number and expiration date) will no longer be accepted by the Foundation on asset transmittals and should not be retained by your offices in any form.