UF and UF Health to launch “myTraining” portal
David S. Guzick, M.D., Ph.D., UF Senior Vice President for Health Affairs
Charles E. Lane, Ph.D., UF Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Janet Christie, Senior Vice President for Human Resources, UF Health Shands
Paula Varnes Fussell, Vice President for Human Resource Services, University of Florida
We are pleased to announce that the University of Florida and UF Health will share a new integrated training-management system beginning Oct. 1. Called “myTraining,” it was developed by our Human Resources and Information Technology teams for use by all UF and UF Health Shands staff.
The myTraining portal will be the one-stop location where faculty and staff can manage training records, view training schedules, register for professional and required classes, and complete online training.
While myTraining will be intuitive and user-friendly, tutorials will be provided to help users navigate the new system.
In addition to ease of use and enhanced offerings, myTraining will:
- Communicate training requirements more easily — so that requirements are obvious to those who need or want to take training
- Easily enroll those inside — and outside — both UF and UF Health Shands, eliminating “work-arounds” to accommodate individuals who are not employees, but who are required to access these resources (e.g., volunteers, students)
- Enable employees at both organizations to access the same training through one door when needed
- Simplify access to training records and reports
- Integrate training records from each organization’s former system
University of Florida
The myTraining system will create more autonomy for UF training providers who design and deploy training for their target learners. In addition, beginning Oct. 22, UF departments will experience a streamlined process through which their new hires can access training.
For the UF Health workforce, including UF Health Shands employees, myTraining will replace the existing HealthStream portal by the end of the year. Staff members who work in the hospitals, outpatient services and core business units will still use HealthStream this fall to complete required online education and in-service training. By the end of the year, myTraining will include the following education resources for clinical and non-clinical staff: regulatory, compliance and privacy; clinical quality and patient safety; nursing education; EPIC electronic medical records; environment of care; and other topics.
UF faculty and staff will receive ongoing communications from UF, while UF Health Shands staff will learn more from UF Health Shands Human Resources. Stay tuned for details and instructions.
Thank you for helping us make this shared tool a success as we work together at UF and UF Health.